Let’s face it, accidents happen. And when they do happen we don’t expect you to wait for an appointment. So to accommodate our patients here at Gulfside Dental, our emergency dentist in Naples takes emergency visits on a first come, first served basis.
Don’t put off coming in when you have tooth and/or jaw pain; this can lead to more severe and possibly permanent damage later. Pain is the body’s way of telling us that something is wrong and we should never ignore it.
Are you visiting and need a trusted dentist in Naples, Florida?
Gulfside Dental is the answer, call now (239) 774-3017
Besides pain, here are some common dental emergency visit reasons:
- Missing, broken, or chipped tooth: Save the tooth or fragment by placing it in a cup of milk. Apply a cold compress to the mouth to numb the pain and reduce swelling until you can come see one of our dentists.
- Child Knocks a Tooth Out: Determine if the tooth is a baby tooth. If it is, keep the tooth moist and have it seen by a dental professional – the dentist will need to determine if the tooth came out completely or if it left fragments. If it is an adult tooth, follow the instructions for a missing tooth on this page.
- Cracked Tooth: If your tooth is cracked, immediately rinse your mouth with warm water to cleanse your mouth. To keep swelling down, apply a cold compress and see your dental care professional as soon as possible.
- Swelling around a tooth: You may or may not see a pus-filled pimple. Either way, use a cold compress to reduce swelling and, if you are not allergic, take an over-the-counter pain medicine like Tylenol or Motrin until you can come see one of our dentists.
- Objects stuck between teeth: Try to remove it with floss, slowly and carefully. Do NOT use anything sharp, like a toothpick. If the floss doesn’t work or you experience pain or bleeding come to our office.
- Treating a Toothache: You should clean out your mouth by rinsing with cool water. Carefully use dental floss to remove any food that might be caught between your teeth. Do not put aspirin on the ache itself as it may cause a burning sensation in the tissue.
- Missing or Loose Crown: If loose, buy and use some dental cement from a pharmacy. If the crown is gone, seal the area with a piece of sugarless gum and come to the office immediately.
This list isn’t comprehensive so if you ever have mouth pain you should come to the office and let an emergency dentist examine it. We typically start with x-rays and try to complete the work for you the same day you come into Gulfside Dental!
Dental emergencies can be avoided if you take certain precautions like wearing a mouth guard when playing sports or participating in recreational activities. You should also refrain from popcorn kernels, hard candy, and ice. Additionally, never use your teeth to cut, open, or slice things.
For all of your dentistry and emergencies, visit Gulfside Dental, the preferred Naples dental care.